The Fabulous Woman Network
Data Detox videos
The Fabulous Woman Network, based in Ghana, supports the growth of women-led businesses providing them with entrepreneurial skills through activities and training programs. They have been connected as a partner to the Data Detox Kit since 2019, running multiple programs including developing videos.
Logo courtesy of the Fabulous Woman Network
In mid-2019, they first created a video series on Facebook live to discuss various topics which felt relevant in their local context. Click below to watch the videos:
- Day 1: Declutter Your Phone with an App Cleanse (watch on Facebook)
- Day 2: Social Networking and Protecting Your Data (watch on Facebook)
- Day 3: Cultivate Your New Phone with Care (watch on Facebook)
- Day 4: Finding the Truth on the Internet (watch on Facebook)
- Day 5: Data Breach (watch on Facebook)
In late 2019, they created another video which accompanied “A Voter’s Guide”, which you can find on YouTube (click here to watch).
Still from The Voter's Guide video, courtesy of the Fabulous Woman Network
With the support of Goethe-Institut and Tactical Tech, The Fabulous Woman Network participated in the Digital You initiative 2021-2022 where they developed a series of videos about young women who learn about the importance of protecting their information and about the problems with sharing data with others. Each video ends in a call to action for viewers to learn more through the Data Detox Kit. You can watch the videos below:
- "Fake website?" (watch on YouTube)
- "Beauty and the weapons!" (watch on YouTube)
- "It's a bot!" (watch on YouTube)
- "The creepy stalker is back" (watch on YouTube)
- "School uniform" (watch on YouTube)
- "Fake news" (watch on YouTube)
- "Data and politics" (watch on YouTube)
Thumbnail of the video "Fake website?", courtesy of the Fabulous Woman Network
Find out more about The Fabulous Woman Network on their official website.